You decided to go on a sailing trip in Croatia and wonder what to pack? We are here to help with a few tips.
1. Try to pack light.
2. We highly recommend bringing soft-sided bags rather than wheeled suitcases. Hard cases and wheels are more difficult to store on a sailing boat and you don’t want unnecessary luggage cluttering up your space. Duffel bags are a way to go as they can fold when unused and will fit flexibility in storage for sailboat cabins. If your vacation is planned for different trips along the sailing experience and you travel with more luggage than necessary for your sailing trip, we can offer a possibility to provide storage for excess luggage in our office at your request.
3. Although you will probably sail through Croatian islands in the summer, do bring long-sleeves. Evenings can get chilly and if you encounter strong winds or a storm, you will want clothes and outerwear that will keep you dry, warm and comfortable. If you don’t have professional sailing clothes, waterproof and windproof jackets are a great choice. Pair them with comfortable sneakers and of course, sunglasses.
4. For long sunny days at Adriatic Sea, make sure to wear sunscreen and sun heats.
5. Sea water and sun combined can get your skin pretty dry while sailing so we recommend lip-balm and moisturizers like skin lotion along with your other personal hygiene essentials (shampoo, soap, tooth-paste, body-wipes…)
6. Our sailboats are equipped with linen and towels and some provide beach towels so make sure to check if you need to bring any when you book.
7. Hopefully you won’t need any motion sickness products, but do have them on board. There are great all-natural gingers chews for mild seasickness though stronger drugstore and pharmacy products of your personal choice are advisable.
With everything recommended above and your readiness to have a great summer vacation in Croatia, you are set to go and have a great time sailing!